Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

3 More Days!

Hey Everyone! I know it's been a while since my last blog, but I've been busy traveling and doing school work and studying for my last tests that are tomorrow. Since my last blog I have been to the Alhambra here in Granada, A palace on a hill here. It's very pretty and old! I also went to Sevilla and went to the largest Christian Cathedral in the world. It was also very neat. Christopher Columbus' body was there, crazy! I also went to this town called Nerja which was very similar to California except for the sand. A group of us went to these super ancient cave that was soooooo big inside!!!! It was breath taking! Here is a link : http://www.casacuevarural.com/Cuevas-turisticas/MALAGA/Nerja/10/Cueva-de-Nerja   I hope it works. They were gorgeous!

So here is a funny story...This guy John C. on our trip doesn't like flies, just like i don't like flies. Before he went to bed Friday night there was one in his room that he was swatting at. After he fell asleep, this previous event led him to have a nightmare about flies. He was being chased by flies and tried swatting at them as hard as he could and they just wouldn't go away. He finally got one good swat and heard a huge crash noise that woke him from his dream. He woke up to find shattered glass from his nightstand all over his entire bedroom. So, apparently he was using his pillow to "swat at the flies" and he was trying so hard in his sleep he smashed his nightstand. Poor guy. But it was one of THE funniest stories I had heard so far while on the trip.

This Sunday and Monday 3 of us went to Madrid, Roshelle, Roxanna and I! We had so much fun. We were able to go to a gigantic flea market and get some really cute cheap things! After that we gained an appetite because anyone who shops knows that that is what happens. We decided to go to "The Oldest Restaurant in the World", called Botin!!! Built in 1725! The food was so delicious too. The most expensive item on the menu was baby eel for $101.60 Euro! Holy crap! Who would spend that much on baby eel?!?!?!I just don't get it! After that we checked into our Hostal and then took the metro to a bull fight! I have got some wicked footage too. It is so crazy what they do to that poor bull. By the end of the fight the bull has been stabbed multiple times and has these hooks hanging from him all before the matador stabs him with a sword. After that the other matadors make him dizzy and then he just falls. One of the matadors takes a small knife and sticks it into his head and swirls his brains to make sure he is dead which is actually kind of sad and must be painful.

  So I only have 3 more days till I get home and I made a video for Everyone here in Spain I have met and all my friends and family back in Arizona! I hope you all enjoy it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phi-tedAkdU&list=UUQqKUPGzewTiOx4Yhz1tpZQ&index=1&feature=plcp See you all when I get Home! Miss you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment